Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Catching Up

It never ceases to amaze me just how much can happen in a week or so!


Since my last post, we've had two birthdays, two birthday parties, been to Cardston, visited family in Glenwood, babysat lots of babies, you get the idea... It's been super busy here at our house!


We had fun at T's birthday party. He didn't have as many friends come as he had hoped - but they were very well behaved and he really enjoyed himself. Dad took him shopping at a pawn shop with his birthday money. I know, I know! But it was what T requested.






My birthday was a little more low key. D took four of us to the Olive Garden for dinner. :) We don't get up there much because it is so far away - but we do love the food. T was more than a little upset that we made him order from the "10 and under menu" - because he was just hours older than ten. With his special condition, sometimes it's hard for him to understand that not everything is about him or what he sees/wants/feels, etc. I was glad he was there with us though. V, on the other hand, tried all kinds of new foods there and said it was now his favourite new restaurant. I had a great evening and I was certainly glad that I had worn my stretchy pants!





I also had two very good friends who helped me celebrate. Shelley took me out for lunch and Cori brought me a bag of wonderful gifts and a beautiful note. I am very blessed indeed.

The other part of my birthday present was that Drew and I went to the Cardston Temple together for the first time in months on Saturday. The whole day was really nice - except for the little bit of blizzard that we drove through on the way home. We even stopped to visit my uncle and aunt in Glenwood. We always enjoy visiting with them - they are just so wonderful!



There was a big surprise waiting for me yesterday. Remember when I mentioned that I'd been duped on EBay? The package SHOWED UP!! I was stunned! The thing had come from Singapore - but it was here! D and I were both stoked! Good thing we had waited and not bid on another one...


Finally, we're now into Halloween mode here. We will have D's kids here for the weekend and he's not taken them out for Halloween since he split from his ex... um... wife... (almost said something nasty there!) When the kids ask what I'm dressing up as, the answer will have to be "the mom who stays home to give out candy". I'm kind of looking forward to that!

D found these glasses at the local dollar store. Check out the package for them. I think I'll submit this to engrish.com.


They are hilarious!

Even the dog gets in on disguises for Halloween!


Three Things I'm Grateful For

  1.  I got to hold Rebecca's baby yesterday! He was born on my birthday so not even a week old. Very cute!
  2. My EBay package really did come! I still can't believe that after all the fuss that EBay and PayPal made about it. But I am glad it's here!
  3. I'm another year older - and wiser. I have truly been blessed with so much in my life and now I have so many to share it with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind things that people said...