Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Birthday Month Has Commenced

October is the month of the year where we have the most birthdays in our family.

We start early off with Mr. V. This year, we had to host a birthday party a day early, because our church General Conference was being held on the actual birthday. Actually, I don't really mind the 2 hour birthday party after school. Most of the time the kids come here, eat, play and leave and I can have almost everything cleaned up by the time everyone else gets home. It's just easier this way.

Here are a couple of photos of the birthday boy and his buddies...








See the wad of cash he got? I know it doesn't show here but he was just beside himself! He kept repeating that he'd never had that much money in his whole life - and that was probably true. Didn't matter... he spent it all before the weekend was done.

Now, brace yourself for what you are about to see... This is a creation that can only happen when one is rushed for time, and attempts to ice a "too warm" cake with "too much sugar" icing. This, my friends, is my creation worthy of a mention on Cake Wrecks!



You don't have to tell me! I already know!! The worst cake in the history of me making cakes! I had to entice the kids to eat it by putting mini chocolate bars all over it!! It did taste way better than it looks though... :( If that means anything at all.

I may just buy a cake for the next birthday this month...

Three Things I'm Grateful For:

  1. That I'm able to stay home to care for my family. This has made a world of difference for the children - and me. I know way more about what happens here and can keep better tabs on their needs (and behaviour!)


  2. My health is good. After watching my little sister go through what she did last month, I'm even more grateful for this blessing!


  3. My testimony. I always feel this growing when I watch General Conference. It is just so neat to be able to sit in my own home and listen to our Prophet and the other leaders share their wisdom, insight and guidance with us. It was a really nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind things that people said...