Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School's In and I'm Still Busy!!

I can't believe that the kids have been back in school for almost a week!

I've got two in two schools this year and their timetables do NOT mesh!

Both schools are a stones throw from the house. Both school share a field - sort of... but one starts at 8:20 and the other does not start until 9:00 a.m!! I spend my mornings and afternoons running back and forth between these schools to get the boys there and back again - and it is not fun!

However, both boys were super stoked to get back to school. No really! Even if it doesn't show here...



T gets to attend the brand new school this fall. It is the first time in a very long time that the boys have not attended school together - and if it weren't for the time difference, it would be awesome all the way around!

I'm still waiting for the "routine" part to settle back in... alas, it's been one of "those" weeks already. Errands, dentists, doctors and kid stuff... trying to get back to the gym routine, etc. It's hard to do! Especially when we've had such fantastic weather!

I've had to make a few sympathy cards this week too. A childhood friend of mine lost her brother on Saturday. I don't know the details - just that it was sudden. Really sad. He was just older than me and leaves behind a wife and two kids. I think I'm going to pull out my journal from when I was a teenager and refresh my memory on some of the great adventures we all had together. I like to remember the happy times. I'll take those memories with me to the funeral on Friday.

My mother's co-worker lost a grand-baby this morning too... They think it was SIDS. Poor little thing was only 4 months old. Tragic week...

Three things I'm Grateful For -
  1. My family is all well and healthy.
  2. My knowledge that this life is not the end...
  3. SCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind things that people said...