Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering Today...

I am Canadian - but I remember with my US friends and family.

I remember exactly where I was when I heard what was happening, and what was said.

It was a very somber day at work that day. My boss wouldn't let me leave to be with my children.

All the planes were being grounded across North America, and the skyscrapers in downtown Calgary were being evacuated.

Many people went to the airport to help those passengers who were stranded and hungry because they were no where near their destinations.

We watched the reruns for hours, days - maybe weeks afterward.

I called my father in Utah to tell him that the US was at war. He wasn't awake yet when I called him - and he was a little disoriented. He had access to a TV - I didn't. He gave me a play by play for a few minutes before I had to hang up.

A fellow blogger posted this tribute to her blog this morning. You can see it here or below.



God bless us all...

Three things I'm grateful for:

  1. The freedom we enjoy here. Many take this for granted - but we enjoy it all the same.
  2. My family is safe and all with me.
  3. Knowledge... let's not repeat this episode in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind things that people said...