Saturday, June 13, 2009

We're Going To Georgia!!

It took a couple of days to have time to write about this one - but we're going to Atlanta Georgia!! The agency that we foster through sends people to the Conference on Treatment Foster Care each year. Last year, we were pretty new to fostering, so I didn't even think to apply. However, this year, we felt like we were a little more "seasoned" and so I put together a very small proposal - but we were chosen to go!!

So DH and I will be heading out - sans children - for four days! I've always wanted to see some of the southern US and we're both just stoked about the chance to go!! DH already looked up the hotel we'll be in and YES! there is a temple 20 minutes from where we'll be staying. I'm hoping we have a chance to get there too. :) Never mind... I just read that they will be renovating during the time we'll be there... :(


In the meantime, our basement renovation is coming along so nicely! Most of the drywall is up and we'll be starting the taping and mudding today. :) We found enough leftover laminate under the stairs to do the craft room up, and maybe even enough to do the short hallway. Another thing to be super stoked about!






With all this going on, as well as baseball, end of school activities, cubs, callings, etc., we feel like we've been so busy!

Had to tell this story though... TP has been taking what he calls his "Human Sexy-ality" class at school. While this was a very embarrassing topic of discussion for the older children, TP seems to have no qualms about discussing what he's learning in class. Not sure he's getting it totally though, as he asked me the other day if it's "boys or girls that grow hair on their 'generalities'". I bust out laughing!! I couldn't help it!! He did at least know that it's girls that "grow breasts"... though I've got some neighbours that mow their lawns without shirts and it leaves me wondering if it's just the women... Yuck! (I'm in the EVERYONE NEEDS TO WEAR A SHIRT Club.)

Actually, this go round with the "sexy-ality" class has been the easiest one that I've ever experienced with the kids. Our conversations are almost clinical, and TP doesn't scream "gross!" or "Mom's shouldn't talk about that stuff!" or my favorite - "You didn't really do THAT did you?!" So while TP is talking about what he is learning, VP gets that evil grin and asks if they show pictures. More laughing... and concern... I'm certain that this round will be entertaining, while next year's round with VP will be quite a bit more "interesting".

I also got to go back to the temple this week with three great sisters - all of whom I work with in the Relief Society. We had such a great day! The weather was perfect. We weren't rushed. Lunch in the Temple was amazing. It was nice to have a grown up day - I should do it more often. I did note though, that there are not many people under 100 years old that go to the temple in the middle of the week - and not many of those are men. I did love the company though! We laughed and talked all the way down and back -making the trip seem all too short. Spending time with good friends like that makes me love them all the more. Thanks girls for the highlight of my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind things that people said...