Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Still Working on the Rooms

Mudding takes a lot of work! And I am a self professed "drywall dummy". I am so sore today I can barely move... but we're slowly (very slowly) seeing some progress. I'm anxious to get these rooms done for so many reasons.

  • I NEED my own craft space!!

  • The spare kids need a spare room to store their stuff and put their part-time beds.

  • Our adopting of V and T is getting closer to being finalized. That means that we will have license to foster more children and we will NEED the extra space.

  • School is done in two days and I can't work as efficiently with them "trying to help".

  • I'm sick of drywall dust and mud being traipsed all over the house!!!

    • You know it's bad when the four year old you babysit notices and says things like, "Someone really trashed your house!" I had planned to work on it some more today - but need to rest my arms and shoulders - at least for this morning. Here is a pic of D working away on the room. I love him for doing this for me!
      I also wanted to share a little bit about Father's Day last Sunday. The boys were so excited to share what they'd made and try to make D's day a great one. V had made a cute little card and a clay picture inside a CD case. Very unique idea! D loved it. Please excuse the counter mess behind the picture...T forgot his card at school, so quickly wrapped up a Boston Pizza chocolate that comes in a mini box and shaped like a pizza. Also very cute and D loved it.

      I had made a couple of gift cans, filled them with candy and resealed them for him to open. He thought that was a super cute idea! We also made him waffles for breakfast before we headed off to church.

      The Primary kids sung a song and I have to tell you - those kids are so freakin' cute! I wish I could have a video or picture to share with you. There is one little guy who kept grabbing the microphone and placing it right in front of him. One of ours stood out in front all smiles and happy to be seen - the other hid behind some of the taller girls so no one would see him. I love Primary kids performances. They either make me laugh right out loud or tear up because I feel their wonderful spiritual presence. I think D had a pretty great Father's Day - though I know he was missing his own kids too.

      There will be more to write later, I'm sure as this is the last week of school (boo!) AND baseball (yay!)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Kind things that people said...