Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Placement

We're having a different kind of experience here this week. D's kids are here visiting, V and T are at camp for the week, and we got a call for an emergency placement. Things were already a little wonky with the kids that do live here being gone - and the kids that don't live here staying - but now we have a youngster who is brand new to care. Talk about stressful!

I had to laugh when we got the call to take him. D's comment was, "Well there went our relaxing week!" I asked him on what planet he thought that we were ever in for a relaxing week. We now have a house full of high maintenance people. Holy smokes! This little one is sure testing the boundaries. Clearly there has been a great deal of permissive parenting in his young life. Rules seem to elude him.

I got a hefty dose of this today when D took his kids to Calaway and I stayed home with little mister. I don't think I've ever had a kid that age speak to me like he does. When he started screaming in Walmart - I grabbed him and walked out. Sigh... I think I need another week of vacation after D's week off!

3 Things I'm Grateful for -

  1. That D is home this week. I like having him around more.
  2. That it is still summer (sort of) and school will be back in next week.
  3. "... that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." (Doctrine and Covenants 122:7)
  4. 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind things that people said...